The combined Tai Chi Chuan and Qigong program is very effective for a number of reasons. As an example, your progress will be measured by our logical system of goal setting. Your progress is guided, and as you realize success, you will be formally rewarded. These rewards are not only in the form of a better state of body and mind, but, you will also receive formal ranking through the Mountain Way Life Arts Association.
The Spirit Wind Tai Chi Chuan and Qigong Program has two possible roads you can take on your journey to optimal health. The beginning membership is the Initiate Program. It is the way in which most people begin. After a few short weeks, many novice students realize just how much benefit can be gained through the practice of this system over a longer period of time. It is then that we encourage you to consider upgrading to the Masters Program. This program allows access to the highest teachings for optimal mind and body development.
Novice Level 1-3 (White Sash)
Four Powers Standing Postures (WuChi,T or cat stance,bow stance, and horse stance.) Silk Weavers, Tai Chi Power Walking
Healing sounds set (with Whole Body Breathing and Bone Marrow cleansing.) Circle out/draw in moving Qigong,(pushing palms). Nine Temple Exercises
1st Section Yang 48 Tai Chi Set with formal ending, Taoist Tortoise Animal Qigong. Foundational exercises, (retreating like fire and advancing like water) with applications.
Master Program Members begin the Powerful Core Building Exercises of the Tien Kan (Heavenly Stems) and Single Sensing Hands Static Stance
Basic Level 4-6 (Yellow/Gold Sash)
- Advanced Power Standing Postures (San Ti and Embracing theTree), Grandma's Plate Walking Qigong
- Ba Duan Gin (Eight Pieces of Brocade set), Draw up/push out moving Qigong Set, Grandma's Three Moving Qigong Set.
- 2nd Section Tai Chi Yang 48, Taoist Crane Animal Qigong. Yi Gun Din exercises 1-6.Martial rotation twisting and Spiralling Skills 1-5 with applications.
Master Program Members continue the Powerful Core Building Exercises of the Tien Kan (Heavenly Stems) and Single Sensing Hands Fixed Step using Horizontal Power Circles Stance* Basic self defense blocks and strikes.
- Advanced Power Standing Postures 2 (Ancient Sage and Baron Fersons Fearsome Stance). Eight Golden Balls. Tortoise Power Walk.
- Wudang Yang Sheng Qigong, Swimming Dragon
- 3rd Section Tai Chi Yang 48 Set, Taoist Bear Animal QIgong Plus, Single Sensing Hands using Horizontal Power Circles Static Stance. Yi Gun Gin exercises 6-12. Martial Rotation twisting and Spiralling Skills 6-10 with applications.
Primary Level 7-9 (Blue Sash)
Master Program Members will learn more of the Powerful Core Building Exercises of the Tien Kan (Heavenly Stems) and Single Sensing Hands Fixed Stance and Step using Horizontal, Vertical, and Elliptical Power Circles. Also here begins the learning of self defense applications of the 1st section of he Tai Chi Yang 48 Set as well as strategy as applied to Tai Chi Chuan via the study of Jin * Beginning practical street self defense tactics. Begiining practice of Shen Lung Eight Step Form. (Practices and Applications) Ba Bu Da, (8 Step Hitting).
- Advanced Power Standing Postures ( Archer, Dragon, and Dragons Tongue). Wudang Hun Yuan (Primordial Qigong), Traditional Cheng Family Ba Gua Qi Gong
- Sun Family Taijiquan Short Form
- Review Of Yang 48 Taiji Set. Taoist Tiger Animal Qigong. Double Sensing Hands Fixed Stance Using Horizontal Power Circles
Intermediate Level 10-12 (Green Sash)
Master Program Members will learn final stages of the Powerful Core Building Exercises of the Tien Kan (Heavenly Stems), Double Pushing Hands Fixed Stance and step using Horizontal, Vertical, and Elliptical Power Circles, self defense applications of the 1st and 2nd section of he Tai Chi Yang 48 Set as well as strategy as applied to Tai Chi Chuan via the study of Jin. Continuation of the practical street self defense tactics. * Hsing I Five Element Fists, Pi Quan & Tsuan Quan, as well as their martial applications. Hsing I Chin Na (Locks,Throws and Knife Disarms)
- Review of Previous Levels ( All standing postures should be held for a minimum of five minutes.) Taiji Qigong 18 Movements. Rooster Power Walk.
- Taoist Snake Animal Qigong. Daoist Wu Ji Qi Gong.
- Wu Family Tai Chi Short Set. Chen family 19 form Taijiquan.
- Dragon Animal Form. Demonstrate free style pushing hands showing all stepping techniques and applications. Demonstrate and perform self defense applications from the Taiji sets.
Advanced Level 13-15 (Brown Sash)
Free style Pushing Hands and Sparring making use of all the pushing hands stepping techniques learned thus far. Self defense applications of the 1st ,2nd, and 3rd sections of the Tai Chi Yang 48 Set as well as Chen family Taijiquan combat applications. More advanced strategy as applied to Tai Chi Chuan via the study of Jin.* Hsing I Five Element Fists, Peng Quan, Pao Quan, and Heng Quan, as well as their martial applications. 10 Road Tan Tui (spring leg form). Wing Tsjun Kung Fu Siu Nim Tau form with basic self defense techniques.
Prerequisite: Masters Program for 2 years
The levels at Senior and beyond are focused toward extreme optimal health as well as a high proficiency of Tai Chi Chuan. The information and curriculum at this level is not designed for the casual student. The level of practice at this point is very deep, requiring knowledge of advanced physical and energetic anatomy, very advanced strategy, secret meditation sets, core training and sensitivity fusion skills, Classical Chinese Medicine and Nutrition, and Advanced Tai Chi Chuan, Qigong, and Weapons Sets.
Senior Levels 1-5 (Black Sash)
Once achieving brown sash level, the student is required to spend no less than one year of personal training and associate instructing, before formally testing for black sash.